You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick question relating to transform tools and resolution.

Hi, I stepped away from FCP for a few years now and have a very quick question.

I'm working on a 4k timeline and I've added footage that is larger than 4k (closer to 7k). I notice when I open the transform tools, FCP says my media is at 100% even though it should be much larger than the canvas if it were actually at 100% of it's size.

When I increase the video using the transform tools, the dialog say's that my media is larger than100%. Im guessing that these number are just referencing the size of the media in relation to the canvas? Is there any way to display the actual size of the media? I'd like to enlarge it but i don't want to enlarge it any bigger than it's original size.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Mike

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:37 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 25, 2020 6:40 PM

Select the clip and in the Video inspector set the Spatial Conform to None. That will set the clip to its actual size.

Similar questions

1 reply

Quick question relating to transform tools and resolution.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.