You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple id on iTunes Store

whenever I want to update an app on my Mac book pro it would ask me to sign to iTunes Store but with my moms Apple ID because it used be her laptop only for a week and I signed from her iTunes Store what do I do to change that username because I would tap on but it's locked on I can't change it

Posted on May 26, 2020 12:17 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2020 12:33 AM in response to aiiiiii_shaaaaa

aiiiiii_shaaaaa Said:

"apple id on iTunes Store: whenever I want to update an app on my Mac book pro it would ask me to sign to iTunes Store but with my moms Apple ID because it used be her laptop only for a week and I signed from her iTunes Store what do I do to change that username because I would tap on but it's locked on I can't change it"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Typically, you have to wait 90 days to assign a new Apple Account to it.

So, contact Apple Support, and see if this can be worked around. Have your mother call Apple, and deauthorize it. Then, have her request that it be transferred over to your Apple Account.

Go Here: Contacting Apple Support

May 26, 2020 2:50 AM in response to aiiiiii_shaaaaa

See  What to do when the Mac App Store shows a different Apple ID for software updates https://www.macworld.com/article/3267709/mac-app-store-apple-id.html This document refers to a prior owner, but is also applies to cases where a current owner's old Apple ID is a problem.

A request for another Apple ID password often occurs when trying to update an app purchased/downloaded via the related Apple ID. Those purchases/downloads are inextricably linked to this Apple ID, and can't be transferred to another. If you want, you can delete the apps purchased/downloaded using this Apple ID and purchase/download them again using the desired Apple ID.

apple id on iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.