You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album Sharing Issues

I have been uploading and sharing albums with my family on a regular basis and now suddenly I can't share albums anymore. It looks like the album is being created but no one receives the invitation or the photos. I am using the Photos app on my Mac. Any suggestions? Thank you.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 26, 2020 11:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 26, 2020 2:21 PM

I have had similar problems in the past. There is a maximum number of shared albums which is 200. Have you gone beyond that amount? Here is a link to the shared album limits. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202299

I have learned that a better way to create shared albums is by using the Public Website feature. In the Photos desktop app or on iOS, you can skip the invites which non-techy people often get stuck on. Select the public website option, and you will receive a link to your shared album that can be shared with anyone (even non-mac users). From this website, your family members can view and download the images. This is an iCloud feature that does not count against your storage so share away!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 26, 2020 2:21 PM in response to dstan3

I have had similar problems in the past. There is a maximum number of shared albums which is 200. Have you gone beyond that amount? Here is a link to the shared album limits. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202299

I have learned that a better way to create shared albums is by using the Public Website feature. In the Photos desktop app or on iOS, you can skip the invites which non-techy people often get stuck on. Select the public website option, and you will receive a link to your shared album that can be shared with anyone (even non-mac users). From this website, your family members can view and download the images. This is an iCloud feature that does not count against your storage so share away!

Album Sharing Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.