You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can not unlock disable ipad

I can not unlock my disabled ipad

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on May 27, 2020 5:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 27, 2020 5:27 PM

Why not? What happens when you try? You should follow the instructions here when trying to get back into a disabled device. If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support If you did that and it will not restore, what are you seeing on the screen? Please indicate any errors you are seeing.

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 27, 2020 5:27 PM in response to tredaprince

Why not? What happens when you try? You should follow the instructions here when trying to get back into a disabled device. If you forgot the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled - Apple Support If you did that and it will not restore, what are you seeing on the screen? Please indicate any errors you are seeing.

Jun 2, 2020 9:00 PM in response to tredaprince

In order to unlock it, it’s going to have be removed from the account that it was assigned originally when the lock was placed. This is an anti-theft deterrent and is doing what it is designed to do. Have whoever had it connected to their Apple ID remove it from theirs and you will be able to unlock it and use it again on a different Apple ID.

i can not unlock disable ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.