You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio on pre-programmed midi tracks in logic 10.5

I am not getting audio input, nor are the faders showing audio on Logic Pro X 10.5.0, MacOS Mojave.

Here's the weird part: If I create a new track, audio is fine.

What I noticed before this issue:

I was running a 3rd party plugin that would not authorize for use (Ozone Imager). I connected my headphones to the audio jack on my 2017 MacBook and there was a click sound, then the audio on a youtube video I was watching lowered. I have had the lowering of volume issue before but a quick restart always fixes this.

Things I've tried:

Ozone Imager from master track

Removed

Restarted Macbook

Reset NVRAM

Reset Logic

Disabled and re-enabled Core Audio

Switched from "System setting" to "built- audio" in preferences

Started logic while holding "command" and clicked "don't launch"

I am soooo frustrated. Thank You.

Posted on May 27, 2020 10:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 10:28 PM

Found out the problem. This is soooo embarrassing. Apparently all the faders were turned down to nothing except the Drum Machine Designer which does not actually have audio itself but sends midi to other channels.

How did this happen? I'm not one to normally turn down all faders, could it have been a bug? An accident? I do not know but now it's fixed! Now to volume mix everything!

Thank you!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2020 10:28 PM in response to Ben Collier

Found out the problem. This is soooo embarrassing. Apparently all the faders were turned down to nothing except the Drum Machine Designer which does not actually have audio itself but sends midi to other channels.

How did this happen? I'm not one to normally turn down all faders, could it have been a bug? An accident? I do not know but now it's fixed! Now to volume mix everything!

Thank you!

May 28, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Caliko

I sometimes get no audio if I've updated a plugin, or Logic and it needs re-authorising. Is this happening on all tracks or just certain ones? Also are you using a soundcard/interface? I've noticed with my FW Apollo will suddenly go into space, levels move in Logic but no sound plays until I do a complete reboot and everything starts working again.

*Edit* so new tracks are fine - if you copy and paste the channel settings to a new track, does the midi or audio then play? I've had this bug in previous version of Logic 10.4.x which is pretty frustrating.

May 28, 2020 11:36 AM in response to Ben Collier

Pasting channel strip does not work. Pasted channel strips are "muted"(no sound) without actually being muted and nothing being solo'd.

This is frustrating. The Midi files are triggering but there's no sound on any programmed tracks, even if I select a programmed track and play notes there is no sound. New tracks are fine.

This is frustrating because I spent 8 hours programming this song.

No audio on pre-programmed midi tracks in logic 10.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.