You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i set up my old iphone for a kid

I want to set up my old iPhone 6 plus for my kid? how do I do so? and is there anything for apple. Like family link that android has?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:20 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 28, 2020 2:22 PM

See this Apple support article for resetting the phone—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support then create a new Apple ID using the phone for your child. You can create a Family Sharing group if you want to manage your child’s phone—>Family Sharing - Apple Support as well as share content (selectively) among family members.

Here’s information on parental control options—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 28, 2020 2:22 PM in response to 406Montana406

See this Apple support article for resetting the phone—>What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support then create a new Apple ID using the phone for your child. You can create a Family Sharing group if you want to manage your child’s phone—>Family Sharing - Apple Support as well as share content (selectively) among family members.

Here’s information on parental control options—>Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

May 28, 2020 2:26 PM in response to 406Montana406

Well, for starters, I would not recommend using a iPhone for a kid. First of all, it has cellular data meaning it can call people using phone numbers, although it depends on the age of the kid.

You might want to settle on a iPod Touch.

iPod touch - Apple

If you still want to settle on a iPhone, use parental controls.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

REMEMBER, erase the phone first.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

how do i set up my old iphone for a kid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.