You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if I scan my recipes into Pages to create my own cookbook am I able to search for a certain recipe

if I scan my recipes into Pages to create my own cookbook am I then able to search for a certain recipe?

Posted on May 28, 2020 9:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 29, 2020 1:00 AM

Hi anni,

Scanning a printed recipe produces an image of the printed page.

Find/Replace, which you would use to search a pages document, searches only text.

So to search for specific recipes, you would need to add a text box, containing the recipe's name to the page containing the recipe. With that done, you could press command-F, type the name of the recipe, click Find next (or the > arrow) to jump directly to the box containing that name.

With the current Pages version, I think you can also insert a link to go to any page (or section) of the document. Look up Links in Pages Help (Help menu) for details.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 29, 2020 1:00 AM in response to lastminuteanni

Hi anni,

Scanning a printed recipe produces an image of the printed page.

Find/Replace, which you would use to search a pages document, searches only text.

So to search for specific recipes, you would need to add a text box, containing the recipe's name to the page containing the recipe. With that done, you could press command-F, type the name of the recipe, click Find next (or the > arrow) to jump directly to the box containing that name.

With the current Pages version, I think you can also insert a link to go to any page (or section) of the document. Look up Links in Pages Help (Help menu) for details.

Regards,

Barry

if I scan my recipes into Pages to create my own cookbook am I able to search for a certain recipe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.