You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet not Working w/ Catalina?

I have a MacBook Pro 2014 and recently "upgraded" to Catalina OS (10.15.5). Ever since the upgrade, my Apple Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (authentic one, not third party) no longer works.

System Preferences > Network shows the the ethernet is and I have an IP address show, but I cannot connect to the internet.

For comparison, another MacBook with macOS Mojave (10.14) works just fine with the same adapter (and same network cable, router, modem, ISP).

Has anyone else experienced or resolved this issue?

(Currently regretting updating to Catalina...)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 10:47 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 30, 2020 6:30 AM in response to HalfThank

Hey HalfThank,

I see that you're having issues connecting to your network with your MacBook Pro ever since you updated the device to macOS Catalina, and I'd like to offer some assistance!

Are you able to connect to a network using a Wi-Fi connection instead? If Wi-Fi connection doesn't work either, try the steps from the resource here: If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

Make sure that the Date & Time on your Mac is set up accurately. Here's how you can check if it's set up correctly: If the date or time is wrong on your Mac

If you're continuing to have issues, here are some additional steps from the online guide here: Troubleshoot an Ethernet device on Mac

Let me know how it goes!

Warm regards.

Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet not Working w/ Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.