You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook icon has white background

After updating the Facebook to latest version from the App Store, I noticed its icon has been removed and has white background now. I tried deleting the app completely, re-downloading it, performing reboot of the phone and hard reset. To no avail. Does anyone know how to fix it? No, the iPhone IS NOT jailbroken.

iPhone XR

Posted on May 29, 2020 12:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:19 AM

Hello Dioxis,

It sounds like you're having trouble with an app updating it to the latest version. I'd be more than happy to share some articles that may help.

Although you have already gone through some great troubleshooting steps It may help if you look at the steps in this article and give them a try:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Next you want to check for any available iOS updates. This article will walk you through updating your phone:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Finally, check and see if you have adequate storage to fully download the app. Here's how:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope these help!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 8:19 AM in response to Dioxis

Hello Dioxis,

It sounds like you're having trouble with an app updating it to the latest version. I'd be more than happy to share some articles that may help.

Although you have already gone through some great troubleshooting steps It may help if you look at the steps in this article and give them a try:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or other Apple device

Next you want to check for any available iOS updates. This article will walk you through updating your phone:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Finally, check and see if you have adequate storage to fully download the app. Here's how:

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope these help!

Facebook icon has white background

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.