You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recent Items list not updating documents list

I'm on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) running Mac OS 10.15.5. In my Apple Menu there is the Recent Items list. This list is doing a great job of capturing the various applications I've used, but is not updating the list of documents I've opened. How can I get the Recent Items list to update the list of documents?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 29, 2020 2:40 PM

1 reply

May 31, 2020 11:19 AM in response to Mark Kaintz

Hi there Mark Kaintz,

It sounds as though you're seeing that documents are not updating in your recent items menu. Utilizing the recent items feature can be very useful, I'd be happy to assist in seeking a solution.

Below is a resource that can help:

Open recently used apps, files, and servers on Mac

You can clear the “Recent items” menu and then macOS will begin to rebuild the list.

If you'd like to create a backup of your current settings in case you'd like to restore them at a later point, below is a resource that can provide more information on backing up:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine

I hope this helps,

Cheer!

Recent Items list not updating documents list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.