You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Images replaced with green box when I play a presentation

I created a presentation that is simple and behaved as I expected. When I went to play it again, one image on one slide is replaced by a green box. The image thumbnail is fine, though. When I play to the slide, it shows the correct image for about 1/10 second before it is replaced with the green box.

I thought maybe the image was corrupt, and replaced it, but same thing.

I created a new slide and dragged images onto it. One of two is replaced with a green box.

What's the deal?

Posted on May 29, 2020 2:40 PM

2 replies

May 31, 2020 12:44 PM in response to RADumas

Hey there RADumas,

It sounds like you're having an issue with inserting images to your Keynote presentation because once inserted the image appears as a green box.

You've done some great troubleshooting so far. It would be beneficial to test the issue in another user account. Here's how to get that started:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Once you're using another user account, make a new presentation in Keynote and on a new slide use one of the images that went green. If issues persist on a new presentation and new slide with the same image the issue would most likely be with that image.

Hope this helps!

Images replaced with green box when I play a presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.