You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t pair my new Apple TV remote

Lost my Apple TV remote, bought a new remote today, but can’t pair them together

screen keep shows: bring it closer to continue pairing.

i can’t get any closer.

already tried unplug the Apple TV power, and my remote is always charging while I try to pair them.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on May 30, 2020 12:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 12:27 PM

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

When it says to “bring it closer”, it is trying to determine which bluetooth device is the remote, by looking for changes in its signal. Start at ‘normal’ range (~10 ft or so). To bring it as close as possible, lay it on top of the device, if needed. Temporarily remove or turn off other bluetooth devices (including your smart phone) to stop these from interfering with this setup.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 12:27 PM in response to tzuta

If your Apple TV remote isn’t working - Apple Support

When it says to “bring it closer”, it is trying to determine which bluetooth device is the remote, by looking for changes in its signal. Start at ‘normal’ range (~10 ft or so). To bring it as close as possible, lay it on top of the device, if needed. Temporarily remove or turn off other bluetooth devices (including your smart phone) to stop these from interfering with this setup.

Can’t pair my new Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.