You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini Problem

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini

Hi — I recently purchased a second HomePod to use alongside my original HomePod as computer speakers. I configured the two HomePods in stereo mode with ease — they sound fantastic.

However, I cannot seem to set the HomePod stereo pair as the sound output device on my Mac. Instead, System Preferences will only allow me to select a single HomePod. This is somewhat maddening since I can send audio from the Apple Music App to the HomePod stereo pair, and when I open the Home App on the Mac, the HomePods appear as a stereo pair. Yet, System Preferences only recognizes the individual HomePods and not the pair — a major inconsistency.

Can anyone help me to configure the HomePods in this way, or is this a lingering bug in macOS Catalina?

HomePod, 13

Posted on May 30, 2020 7:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:18 PM

It is a more general HomePod limitation. Stereo pairing for HomePods is supported in iTunes & Music, but not directly from OS X/macOS.

tt2

1 reply

Connect HomePod Stereo Pair with MacMini Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.