You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Texts

I don’t want my texts from my personal phone to show up on my sons iPad

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 8:21 PM

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their iPad. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the iPad to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 8:21 PM in response to Kwylie510

Hello,

An Apple ID is meant for just 1 person’s devices meaning that you should not be sharing an Apple ID with their iPad. Checkout this Apple Support document on how to setup their own Apple ID. You would then restore the iPad to factory settings and set it back up with their Apple ID.

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

May 30, 2020 9:09 PM in response to Kwylie510

You have a couple of options. As stated in the response above, you really shouldn’t use more than one device per Apple ID and the only way to guarantee that he won’t get those texts are to assign the iPad a different Apple ID. However, you can turn off text forwarding in the settings on the iPhone to stop it from sending the texts to the iPad, but this is no Guarantee that he won’t still get them in some sort of way.

Your best bet is to assign a new Apple ID to the iPad and then turn on Family Sharing which will allow him to still be able to have access to most apps that you purchase on his Apple ID as well.

Texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.