You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes & Windows 10 Disaster

1. Recently I had an issue with iTunes pausing after playing a few songs.
  2. I tried every tip in the book into being totally frustrated.
  3. I finally realized that iTunes had become a Microsoft download via Windows 10.
  4. I uninstalled iTunes and re-downloaded it on Microsoft Store.
  5. Started back at square one with iTunes pausing after playing a few songs.
  6. Also realized some of the music I had purchased on iTunes was missing some of the songs which led to not locating some of the songs.
  7. I moved the iTunes music folder to the desktop and saved it to a flash drive.
  8. I started using VLC media player and also added the music folder there.
  9. I dumped iTunes. What I haven't mentioned is that iTunes was causing my computer to run in slow motion as if it were a malware program. Since the demise, my computer has been running normal again. I can listen to the music and perform normal internet searches without wondering why my computer was becoming non functional (While listening to the same music on the VLC player)
  10. Can't wait for all the "Tips" about somehow I caused the problem by not following all the tips that lead absolutely nowhere. Those "tips" are not exclusive to Apple. I almost remember using Audacity prior to Windows 10. After that Audacity stopped working. (Seems to be a common thread.) After countless "tips" of how to download the 103rd new version of Audacity (compatible with Windows 10 of course) I dumped Audacity. Don't worry "Tipsters", I have found programs that do work. (I'm sure Microsoft is working on a "fix" for that as well.
  11. In closing. When I read a recent article about Apple dragging iTunes around for years and handed it off to Microsoft (that will most likely dump it). I smiled (with a grimace). And the idea of signing up for Apple Music for a 3 month trial to listen to music I have purchased is irritating at best. I wonder what media player I would have to purchase to listen to the music I have purchased? But then, maybe if I paid enough; iTunes via Apple Music would magically work? Maybe I could use Windows Media Player (That never did work!)

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 31, 2020 12:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 4:49 AM

I thought your user name was familiar.

Shminkey wrote:

Which tips are they? In every one of your posts, all you've done is find fault. So much so, that the only responses you've had were to stand up to your vitriol. You haven't given anyone the opportunity to help you sort out any issues that you say you're having.

• Your point 3: I downloaded iTunes from Apple to my Windows 10 PC. I'm not having the issues you appear to experience
  • Your point 5: only now do you mention this. It's not been apparent from any of your posts
  • Your point 10: as stated, you've never given anyone here a chance to offer you any tips. And the fact that you have similar problems with Audacity... well, I use Audacity but I don't have your issues with that either. So the common thread" (or common factor) is you and your computer. So either your computer is not working correctly or it's something you're doing
  • Apple Music: you've mentioned this before and it has been pointed out to you that you are under no obligation to use Apple Music. My music collection, built up over many years would not benefit from a subscription to Apple Music, therefore I don't use it. I rely on my purchased music. Why then, are you bringing it up again?

And all your supposed solutions have once again left out a particularly valuable point. Some people want to use iTunes in order to manage an iPod, or other portable Apple device.

Why are you devoting so much time to these attempts to belittle Apple? I don't think Apple's perfect, but if I was as bitter as you appear to be, even though you have no reason since you provide no evidence that you've ever purchased any Apple product, I would simply leave Apple to its own devices - and the rest of us to help those who actually want help.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 31, 2020 4:49 AM in response to Shminkey

I thought your user name was familiar.

Shminkey wrote:

Which tips are they? In every one of your posts, all you've done is find fault. So much so, that the only responses you've had were to stand up to your vitriol. You haven't given anyone the opportunity to help you sort out any issues that you say you're having.

• Your point 3: I downloaded iTunes from Apple to my Windows 10 PC. I'm not having the issues you appear to experience
  • Your point 5: only now do you mention this. It's not been apparent from any of your posts
  • Your point 10: as stated, you've never given anyone here a chance to offer you any tips. And the fact that you have similar problems with Audacity... well, I use Audacity but I don't have your issues with that either. So the common thread" (or common factor) is you and your computer. So either your computer is not working correctly or it's something you're doing
  • Apple Music: you've mentioned this before and it has been pointed out to you that you are under no obligation to use Apple Music. My music collection, built up over many years would not benefit from a subscription to Apple Music, therefore I don't use it. I rely on my purchased music. Why then, are you bringing it up again?

And all your supposed solutions have once again left out a particularly valuable point. Some people want to use iTunes in order to manage an iPod, or other portable Apple device.

Why are you devoting so much time to these attempts to belittle Apple? I don't think Apple's perfect, but if I was as bitter as you appear to be, even though you have no reason since you provide no evidence that you've ever purchased any Apple product, I would simply leave Apple to its own devices - and the rest of us to help those who actually want help.

iTunes & Windows 10 Disaster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.