You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match subscription

Why do I need the iTunes Match subscription? All Devices: iPhone - iPad - PC

1. Some of my music quit playing when I unsubscribed to iTunes Match even though I purchased the music a very long time ago.
  2. Is the iTunes Match subscription shared on the family plan?

Posted on May 31, 2020 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 31, 2020 10:15 AM

On your devices you can use Settings > Music > Sync Library > Off to prevent this error message. You may need to sync media from iTunes to your devices to restore any currently listed content that is removed when you turn off the feature.

tt2

5 replies

May 31, 2020 9:14 AM in response to Micki1020

1. Before unsubscribing you would have ideally downloaded all content that was in the cloud and backed up. What error message, if any, do you get when trying to play this content? Occasionally unexpected prompts to authorize when playing content can be resolved by deleting the local copy and then redownloading from your purchase history.
  2. No, iTunes Match is a per user subscription. In contrast to Apple Music there is no family version.

tt2

May 31, 2020 9:52 AM in response to turingtest2

1. ERROR Message: below is the error message I get when I try to play content on my iPhone and iPad.

It's not all my music just some of it. Frustrating!

I have accumulated a lot of music over the years in iTunes. I don't want Apple Music or iTunes Match.

I am old and my money if very tight.

"Your subscription to

iTunes Match expired

on 03/26/20.

You can renew your

subscription using iTunes

on a computer."

"OK"

Thanks turingtest2 for your reply.

iTunes Match subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.