You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail.app have problem when connecting to iCloud mail server

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015),   System Version: macOS 10.15.4 (19E287)

From yesterday, it keeps giving the error message "Connections to host p28-imap.mail.icloud.com.cn on the default ports failed." when I try to get email from my iCloud mailbox.

I configured the mail server automatically with iCloud preferences, and it worked for months until yesterday. I have reboot my Mac, uncheck and re-check the mail option in iCloud preference, but no help.

The only similar case I could find is this one: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8433058

It suggest to check on the mail server setting, but the only setting I can modify is the SMTP server setting in Mail Preferences.

Any idea for other possible reason or solution?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 1, 2020 8:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 6:12 PM

The service came back this morning and I did nothing on it, and the Mail app working just fine on my laptop installed Mojave 10.14.6

Similar questions

2 replies

Apple Mail.app have problem when connecting to iCloud mail server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.