You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you send an iMessage via email

I received a message today that I want to reply via email. I Googled this, but the solution I received does not work on my iPhone. The solution was posted in 2013, and may reflect the state of iOS at that time, but doesn't work with iOS 13+. What is the new way to do this?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 10:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 6:40 PM

Hello straehle,

I understand that you have a question about replying to an iMessage that you received with an email. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that could help you accomplish what you want to do.

There isn't an option to reply to a text with an email. However, you could copy the message that you received via text, paste it in to an email and then respond that way.

If this is not what you're trying to do or if I have misunderstood, respond back with some more details.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 4, 2020 6:40 PM in response to straehle

Hello straehle,

I understand that you have a question about replying to an iMessage that you received with an email. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that could help you accomplish what you want to do.

There isn't an option to reply to a text with an email. However, you could copy the message that you received via text, paste it in to an email and then respond that way.

If this is not what you're trying to do or if I have misunderstood, respond back with some more details.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

How can you send an iMessage via email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.