You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac won’t boot unless in safe mode.

My iMac has been struggling to open for a few weeks. Often it will freeze 2/3 into the apple logo screen. It took a few goes to get it on. This last week, I’ve found it will only open if I choose to do it in safe mode. I’ve tried to reinstall the OS, but it freezes mid way. I’ve used first Aid on each of the hard drives and it comes back fine. Any ideas what I could do next?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 2:13 AM

4 replies

Jun 6, 2020 9:48 AM in response to u2meister

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities u2meister,

I see that you're having an issue with you Mac not booting up properly. I can understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you take a look at the article below with some steps that can help.

If your Mac doesn't turn on

If the issue remains, respond back with some additional information. Have you made any recent changes to your Mac? Did you recently update the software?

The more information you can provide the easier it will be to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thank you for suing Apple Support Communities.

Mac won’t boot unless in safe mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.