You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading free apps on Apple T.V.

Why can't I download apps on my Apple TV? I created an Apple I.D. but everytime I use it to sign in to an app it tells me to go to create an iTunes account which I shouldnt have to with an Apple I.D. already right?

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 10:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 4:04 AM

The Apple ID account is the same as an iTunes/iTunes Store account. The account will need to have:

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 5, 2020 4:04 AM in response to Raiderneveryway

The Apple ID account is the same as an iTunes/iTunes Store account. The account will need to have:

Jun 5, 2020 11:07 AM in response to Urquhart1244

I did it, double checked and made sure. Tried with a credit card, PayPal and also none, then went back to Apple TV 3 different times and still same prompt of needing an iTunes account even though I am signed in with Apple I.D. I even tried creating an iTunes account as well but it tells me account with my e-mail already exists because I used it for my Apple I.D., which is supposed to be valid as an iTunes account as well.

Downloading free apps on Apple T.V.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.