You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airprint not working after update

Air print quit working on both my iPad and my iPhone after I installed the latest update. When I go to print something, and the screen says select printer, my printer DOES show up. it even shows how much toner is left. So they are on the same WiFi and the phone/iPad can both see the printer.

But then when I go back it still doesn’t show any printers as an option to select.

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 11:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 11:52 AM

Thanks for the response!

i cannot print from either my iPad or my iPhone after I installed the latest update. I did all of the steps listed in the troubleshooting instructions before posting.

again, my iPad and iPhone do see the printer. It just does not recognize that the printer has Airprint.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2020 11:52 AM in response to NohaA09

Thanks for the response!

i cannot print from either my iPad or my iPhone after I installed the latest update. I did all of the steps listed in the troubleshooting instructions before posting.

again, my iPad and iPhone do see the printer. It just does not recognize that the printer has Airprint.

Jun 8, 2020 10:20 AM in response to Cherylccc

Hello Cherylccc,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities! I see you are having an issue with the AirPrint feature on your iPhone and iPad. It is important to be able to print from both your iOS devices.

This article has guideline steps for troubleshooting this issue.

If you can't print from your Mac or iOS device.

You can also make sure that both devices are on the latest software update as now on iPhone we are on the iOS 13.5.1.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Take Care!

airprint not working after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.