You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud photos

I have 3 different iphones on my account and I need to replace one. I just recently started using icloud photos but I found out that I can not delete any photos without removing them from icloud. Can I back up all the devices to icloud, then on the device I need to trade in, set it to not be on icloud anymore so that I can remove all files without losing the photos I had stored in icloud from that device? or do I need to download all the photos from icloud to my PC first so theres a hard copy and then delete them from the phone?

iPhone X

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 5, 2020 6:20 PM

If you have iCloud Photos turned on in an iPhone, you can use the following procedure and it will not affect anything on iCloud or on other devices: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

icloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.