You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download Applications

I have an iPad 2, and when i try to download applications, it is saying that my iPad is not compatible with the app, and I am unable to upgrade my iPad beyond iOS 9.3.5

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 5:00 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 5:11 AM

Your Ipad 2 can only be upgraded to iOS 9.

A lot of Apps require iOS 10 or later.

You can not run these apps on your iPad and there is no way around it, Apple won't be offering any updates for your iPad.

The only thing to do is upgrade to a newer iPad

2 replies

Jun 6, 2020 5:23 AM in response to hariharanyuvaraj

Apple ended update support for iPad2 in September 2016; iPad2 cannot be updated to iOS 10 or later versions, as the internal hardware does not meet the minimum technical requirements for new versions of iOS/iPadOS.

Many App Developers have also dropped support for older devices and iOS versions preceding iOS11/12 - and some, for technical reasons, have dropped all support for versions prior to iOS/iPadOS 13. App Developers often withdraw older versions of their Apps from the Apple App Store - and following withdrawal, such Apps cannot be (re)downloaded or (re)installed. Loss of App Support for older models of iPad is making their utility and usefulness significantly more limited.

If Apps that you need to use now have higher minimum iOS-version requirements than your iPad and installed version of iOS can support, your only option is to replace your iPad with newer model. Of current iPad models, even the basic iPad7 supports current iPadOS 13.x - and has hardware specifications that will vastly outperform your old iPad2.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Unable to download Applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.