You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why must I download music after syncing music to ipad

I'm trying to transfer my iTunes music library from a PC to my iPad using iTunes. After I sync, the titles of songs are on my iPad, but all have a cloud next to them, meaning I have to download the file from the cloud before the music file is really on my iPad. This must be done for every album. It is labor intensive and time consuming. Why must I download every album after I have synced my iTunes music to my iPad? Is there a way to sync so that the music file that is on my computer will transfer to my iPad so I can avoid this need to download each album again. I'd like to be able to easily download the music, then take it to a place with no internet and be able to play the music.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 4:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 9:51 AM

iTunes can only transfer locally stored content to a device. You can download your purchases (or other cloud content if you have Apple Music or iTunes match) directly to your iPad if that works better for you, but tracks have to be downloaded somewhere if you want to be able to play them when offline.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Why must I download music after syncing music to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.