You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

internal speakers are not making sound

My internal speakers on my mac are not making sound. I have unmuted and turned the output to high. No sound on videos.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 2:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2020 2:40 PM

I will need to go through some basic troubleshooting techniques with you and I do not know whether you tried them since you did not provide much details on what you have attempted to do to fix this issue.

1) Open System Preferences ➔ Sound ➔ Output Tab - Ensure that MacBook Air Speakers (Internal) are selected. See image below-

2) The other way to check the same and confirm is to click the Sound symbol on the Menu Bar on desktop. See image below-

3) Ensure that your MacBook Air is not connected to any Bluetooth device that you are not using. The sound may be going there and you wouldn't know it if you are not looking for it. Just ensure that that is not happening.

4) Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-

5) Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Let us know how you progress with the above. Thanks.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 7, 2020 2:40 PM in response to gionav1

I will need to go through some basic troubleshooting techniques with you and I do not know whether you tried them since you did not provide much details on what you have attempted to do to fix this issue.

1) Open System Preferences ➔ Sound ➔ Output Tab - Ensure that MacBook Air Speakers (Internal) are selected. See image below-

2) The other way to check the same and confirm is to click the Sound symbol on the Menu Bar on desktop. See image below-

3) Ensure that your MacBook Air is not connected to any Bluetooth device that you are not using. The sound may be going there and you wouldn't know it if you are not looking for it. Just ensure that that is not happening.

4) Reset SMC by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset SMC. If that does not solve things then-

5) Reset NVRAM/PRAM by following the directions applicable to your MacBook Air here ➔ How to Reset NVRAM/PRAM.

Let us know how you progress with the above. Thanks.

Axel F.

internal speakers are not making sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.