You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kind of lost my calendar?

I recently installed Catalina on my home desktop system. All systems were go. I had an issue on my office laptop(Mojave) that my i-Cloud may not function because it could not find help app. I've had this before, and resolved it with turning off i-Cloud drive desktop/documents folders on the laptop system, then logging out of i-Cloud, log back in and turn on i-Cloud drive, with desktop/documents turned back on also. This worked to re-establish my i-Cloud "stuff" back to my laptop. When I went back to my Desktop I had to re-establish my i-Cloud "stuff" doing the same thing, and I've got all my "stuff" back except my calendar. I can find all my i-Cloud "stuff" at i-Cloud.com, and it's on all my other systems, office laptop, i-Phone, ect. How can I get my Calendar back on my DeskTop?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 6:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:42 PM

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Calendar syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.     

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 8, 2020 7:42 PM in response to dr.joe.dds

Try going to System Preferences/iCloud (Apple ID for Catalina) and stop Calendar syncing by unchecking the box. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort  - have you tried signing out of iCloud, restarting, and then sign back in?

See the Apple Support article below. 

Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders - Get help using iCloud.     

Jun 8, 2020 9:23 AM in response to dr.joe.dds

Before signing out the Apple ID and from Mac system preferences > iCloud you don't need to uncheck iCloud Drive / desktops and documents , the calendar box and other application should always be checked .

See the link https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-13681

https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mh36825/mac

Open calendar application , click on continue and get it configured .

This method is for a single Mac that is not synced with other devices .

As you sign out Apple ID from a single machine it will be signed out and not other Macs ( Mac OS catalina ) even they are signed in with same Apple ID and password .

Jun 9, 2020 10:58 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks tygb and Eric for you suggestions and help. I pretty much did what Eric suggested and it took time but my calendar is up and running again. I did notice that once I have to "correct" an issue with i-Cloud on one of my systems, it affects all my systems, and I have to re-establish the i-Cloud with each computer. (Kind of a pain in the butt). Thanks again, I appreciate your expertise and help.

Kind of lost my calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.