You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes / apple music

have itunes library and bought apple music last month. built a huge playlist and it worked great until yesterday. the playlist disappeared on my iphone yet is still showing on my macbook pro (2012). looking further I notice the cloud next to playlist is crossed out and the message reads - iCloud Music Library playlists can only include music from your iCloud Music Library. This playlist can’t be uploaded because it includes other media kinds or songs that are not eligible. so why did it remove the playlist? is there a way to fix the playlist so it can sync back up to my phone? is there a way the system warns me of ineligible content. still learning how to work this stuff - I am older and confused, so thanks so much for your patience and feedback.

iPhone 7, iOS 10

Posted on Jun 8, 2020 7:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 8:51 AM

Hey dmcd3777-,

Thanks for reaching back out. Just to confirm, in that playlist you mentioned, when you look at the individual songs, do you only have one song that shows the ineligible icon? If that's the case, try removing just that ineligible song and then re-add it to the library.

Have a great day.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2020 8:51 AM in response to dmcd3777-

Hey dmcd3777-,

Thanks for reaching back out. Just to confirm, in that playlist you mentioned, when you look at the individual songs, do you only have one song that shows the ineligible icon? If that's the case, try removing just that ineligible song and then re-add it to the library.

Have a great day.

Jun 10, 2020 3:59 PM in response to dmcd3777-

Hey dmcd3777-,

I see that you had an iTunes library and after subscribing to Apple Music, playlists disappeared from the iPhone. I'll be happy to help out.

Go through the steps in this resource to see if you can get those playlists to appear again on the iPhone: If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support.

Let us know how that goes for you.

itunes / apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.