You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Apple TV on Mid-2010 iMac

Is there an app available to watch Apple TV on my iMac Mid-2010? I am using macOS High Sierra.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 7:00 AM

The Apple TV+ subscription only covers Apple Original content and that is what the website makes available.

For any other content in the iTunes Store, like movies and Tv shows not produced by Apple you can access them through the iTunes Store section, in the iTunes application.

Those 2 things make up all the content you would otherwise see together in the Tv App on Catalina, iOS devices or Apple TV.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 10, 2020 7:00 AM in response to Darryl_C

The Apple TV+ subscription only covers Apple Original content and that is what the website makes available.

For any other content in the iTunes Store, like movies and Tv shows not produced by Apple you can access them through the iTunes Store section, in the iTunes application.

Those 2 things make up all the content you would otherwise see together in the Tv App on Catalina, iOS devices or Apple TV.

Jun 10, 2020 4:40 AM in response to Phil0124

Yes, I am referring to the Apple TV+ subscription. I noticed the website does not offer the content available in the app. I have the app on my iPhone and can access much more content. The website appears to show exclusive and/or original Apple content while the app gives me access to movie and tv shows as well as other subscription services.

Watch Apple TV on Mid-2010 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.