You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double spacing and no key repeat

Hi,

My MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) is having similar problems when typing in that despite following various instructions to resolve the issue, nothing changes. Whilst using Mail, word and other apps, I get constant unwanted double spacings between words and no rapid delete if I hold down the delete button.

Anyone have a fix for this ?

Thanks

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 9:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:21 AM

jeremy_OM_1977 wrote:

Hi,
My MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) is having similar problems when typing in that despite following various instructions to resolve the issue, nothing changes. Whilst using Mail, word and other apps, I get constant unwanted double spacings between words and no rapid delete if I hold down the delete button.
Thanks

See if you qualify: https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2020 11:21 AM in response to jeremy_OM_1977

jeremy_OM_1977 wrote:

Hi,
Thanks

See if you qualify: https://support.apple.com/keyboard-service-program-for-mac-notebooks

Double spacing and no key repeat

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.