You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with texting from iPad to one particular iPhone

I've recently purchased and started using an iPad Air 10.2. I comprehend the barrier of sending texts from iOS to android devices but I'm having trouble with sending texts to one particular iPhone, my husband's! All other texts from iPad Air to other iPhones works just fine. What's a newbie to do?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 10:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:16 AM

Critical to send/receiving SMS/MMS Messaging, if not already configured, is to set Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the device list.

This is configuration item is often missed - in particular when migrating from an old iPad to new.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208386

I hope this additional information proves to be helpful.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2020 11:16 AM in response to Pdittyiayia

Critical to send/receiving SMS/MMS Messaging, if not already configured, is to set Text Message Forwarding on your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the device list.

This is configuration item is often missed - in particular when migrating from an old iPad to new.

More info here:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208386

I hope this additional information proves to be helpful.

Problems with texting from iPad to one particular iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.