You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding files to iCloud on MacBook Pro

I'm trying to add files other than photos, notes, etc. to the cloud on my macbook pro.

On my mac, there is not an option to add desktop and documents to my icloud. How do I add the files on my computer to the cloud?

MacBook Pro 13″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 11:23 AM

The Desktop and Documents option is with macOS Sierra or later. If you don't have that, or even if you do, you can just turn on the iCloud Drive option and then save and/or move files to the iCloud Drive folder.

Once the option is turned on, you can use Finder to access the iCloud Drive folder. You can do that by using the Finder "Go" menu and you can make it more convenient by using Finder Preferences to show iCloud Drive in the Finder sidebar.

More information: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 9, 2020 11:23 AM in response to amira0320

The Desktop and Documents option is with macOS Sierra or later. If you don't have that, or even if you do, you can just turn on the iCloud Drive option and then save and/or move files to the iCloud Drive folder.

Once the option is turned on, you can use Finder to access the iCloud Drive folder. You can do that by using the Finder "Go" menu and you can make it more convenient by using Finder Preferences to show iCloud Drive in the Finder sidebar.

More information: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Adding files to iCloud on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.