You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac G3 startup error

Found an old iMac G3 in my parents attic and decided to see if I could get it working again. I had an error about a DragLib but an old forum post showed I could hold shift to get past that. Now I’m at the part where I’m supposed to clear out the bad files but it says I the hard disk is locked and when I try to access it it hard locks the computer. No mouse, no keyboard input, the power button doesn’t work. Not sure where to go from here but I feel like I’m riiiight there with fixing or reformatting this thing (I couldn’t find the topic handle for the older computers sorry)

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jun 9, 2020 6:44 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2020 4:38 AM

I'd power it down, leave it plugged in for a few days & try again, likely it's a dead PRAM battery.

Have you done a PRAM reset, CMD+Option+p+r...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

In fact, do 3 in a row, takes a bit of time.

Similar questions

2 replies

iMac G3 startup error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.