You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS Catalina Update

I'm trying to update to the latest macOS Catalina, but when I click Update Now, my computer just restarts and doesn't actually update anything. I have 14.19gb of space available. The current version of Catalina I have is 10.15.13. It says that the update available is 10.15.5.

Please help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2020 2:12 PM

I had the same problem with about 20gb of space left on my hard drive. Catalina 10.15.5 wouldn't upgrade from 10.15.4.

The Catalina installer from trying a few times unsuccessfully was using up 8gb of space. I went into Applications and deleted it. Then I went to the App Store and started from scratch upgrading Catalina and it installed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 11, 2020 2:12 PM in response to jenayamfries

I had the same problem with about 20gb of space left on my hard drive. Catalina 10.15.5 wouldn't upgrade from 10.15.4.

The Catalina installer from trying a few times unsuccessfully was using up 8gb of space. I went into Applications and deleted it. Then I went to the App Store and started from scratch upgrading Catalina and it installed.

macOS Catalina Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.