You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I get an iCloud account with just an iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 12:40 PM

Yes. Since you have an AppleID already (the one you used to login here) if you try to login to iCloud with your AppleID on an iPad you’ll be making an iCloud account with that AppleID. It will prompt you to setup an @icloud.com email as well.

Once created, your current email used as your AppleID and your @icloud.com address can both be used to login to your AppleID (they are basically synonymous login IDs for your AppleID).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 12, 2020 12:40 PM in response to biocast

Yes. Since you have an AppleID already (the one you used to login here) if you try to login to iCloud with your AppleID on an iPad you’ll be making an iCloud account with that AppleID. It will prompt you to setup an @icloud.com email as well.

Once created, your current email used as your AppleID and your @icloud.com address can both be used to login to your AppleID (they are basically synonymous login IDs for your AppleID).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.