You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

brand new iphone 11 pro max wont update

I just got a brand new iphone 11 pro max. I have been trying to set up my iphone for the past 6 hours. When I first turn it on I transfer my data from my old phone to the new one but unless I update to the new ios 13.5.1 it will not let me move forward in the process. The screen gets stuck on the screen for installing the update. I cannot do anything and I've even restarted the whole process and it still wont work. What do i do?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 9:01 PM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2020 2:37 PM in response to ardegraz

Hello ardegraz,

I understand that you're trying to update your iPhone to 13.5.1 so you are able to transfer your data from your old phone to your new phone but the screen gets stuck on installing the update. I'd like to help.

Take a look at the article below and follow any steps provided within the article for updating your phone.

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update

Let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

brand new iphone 11 pro max wont update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.