You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage synced to multiple devises.

How do I keep my messages going to my iPad, but also keep them from being deleted by another device?

For years now I’ve had my iPad and iPhone both on the same iMessage. My messages would go to both devices, but when I deleted them on my phone they’d stay untouched on my iPad. That’s exactly what I want to happen.

Suddenly, my messages stopped going to my iPad. I got my messages going to both again, but now when I delete thread off my phone they delete off my iPad too. I need to keep that from happening for work reasons.

iPad Mini 4

iPhone 11

Both running 13.5.1

Posted on Jun 12, 2020 11:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 2:50 AM

Your description would suggest that your devices are currently working as designed - as Continuity features that deliver messages to all devices are designed to maintain synchronisation between them.

As described, you appear to have previously had a fault - that has now been cleared.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2020 2:50 AM in response to traemay

Your description would suggest that your devices are currently working as designed - as Continuity features that deliver messages to all devices are designed to maintain synchronisation between them.

As described, you appear to have previously had a fault - that has now been cleared.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Apple Watch – Apple Support

iMessage synced to multiple devises.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.