You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are the best low/no cost applications to scan and remove malware from my Mac?

My MacBook recently picked up a nasty little "browser hijacker" virus (specifically "FILE CONVERTER NOW") while I was attempting to open a PDF file. If there are any trustworthy low/no cost applications Mac users could recommend to scan for and remove this type of malware from a Mac I'd sure appreciate information on them.

MacBook

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:08 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2020 5:10 PM in response to FoxFifth

Thank you for this tip! I will definitely be looking into Malwarebytes, but understand their "free" version may be a two week trial. After that trial experience their cost to continue to use their application becomes $40/year. That's more than I wanted to spend, but if the alternative is having my browser constantly interrupted by a new screen attempting to sell me useless crap, this is cheap at twice the price!

What are the best low/no cost applications to scan and remove malware from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.