You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Badge for Messages App Won't clear

On my iPhone XS, on the Home screen, the Messages app has a badge stuck at 3, even though I have no unread messages. It's been like this for several days. I just upgraded to IOS 13.5.1 - doesn't help. Also:

I tried to power off, then back on, the phone - doesn't help.

If I turn Settings -> Notifications -> Messages -> Badges off, the Badge icon will go away, but it comes back stuck at 3 if I turn Badge notifications back on.

I guess I can live without Badge notifications for Messages, but this stuck Badge notification counter is annoying.

Any ideas? If I have to reinstall the phone I'll need some help.

Thanks!

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 9:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2020 10:30 PM

Please cancel the request for help. I found and fixed the problem. There was an unread message thread hidden under "Unknown & Junk" messages - filtered there by the third-party RoboKiller app. Deleted those messages - all is well now.

1 reply

Badge for Messages App Won't clear

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.