You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest software update iOS 13.5.1

My iPad went through this update last night and now I can’t increase my screen brightness - it’s at the lowest setting, sliding the bar doesn’t change the brightness. Coincidence?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2020 8:12 AM

Force Restart your iPad (something which is generally good to do after any iOS update):

See these instructions depending on which iPad Pro model you own:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 14, 2020 8:12 AM in response to Lynne5605

Force Restart your iPad (something which is generally good to do after any iOS update):

See these instructions depending on which iPad Pro model you own:

• iPad models with Face ID: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Power button until the device restarts.
  • iPad with Home button, iPhone 6s or earlier, and iPod touch (6th generation) or earlier: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons until you see the Apple logo.

Latest software update iOS 13.5.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.