You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware or virus

I clicked the CLOSE button on a pop up that advised me that I had a number of viruses on my phone. I am afraid the close button was a link for someone to hack my phone. How can I tell or get this taken care of now before my information is compromised?

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2020 7:31 AM

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 16, 2020 7:31 AM in response to Jess_Capp

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware by merely clicking on a link in Safari, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorised apps directly from internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable informations with friends and family members.

Malware or virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.