You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave won't properly recognize QHD (1440p) external monitor.

I've been using this monitor (BenQ EW2780Q) with my MacBook Pro (2016) with no issues for the past few months. The monitor is a native QHD (1440p) monitor and I was able to get the full screen resolution.

Then today, when I logged in, macOS is insisting that the "Default for display" resolution is 1080i (fuzzy screen and all). The actual native resolution is not present in the list of options (even when I `option-click` on the "Scaled" radio button in the Displays preference pane).

I'm confused because it was working just fine, and now it's not. Can anybody please suggest anything I can try? Losing all of my screen real estate is driving me nuts.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2020 9:34 AM

Ah, never mind. Based on the advice of a colleague, I did a PRAM reset. That seems to have sorted things out.

1 reply

Mojave won't properly recognize QHD (1440p) external monitor.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.