You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What sorts of files can I remove from my iphone 10 to reduce icloud use. And how do that? So far, all I get from Apple iCloud are solicitations urging me to buy more storage space on iphone...rather than how to reduce what I ihave!

iCloud says I'm running out of space. in the cloud. I only use it for my iphone 10. What do I need to remove to keep my space use under control on the phone? Remove unused apps? messages, etc. I do not keep email on my phone. Apple seems determined to just solicit me for more storage space! Seems wasteful to me... especially since I'll have to pay for it. I can find no supporting information about how to keep icloud storage to a minimum. If I offload all my photos to a an external drive, will that do it? What's the easiest way to do that? Thanks

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 5:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2020 6:13 PM

See information in Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

1 reply

What sorts of files can I remove from my iphone 10 to reduce icloud use. And how do that? So far, all I get from Apple iCloud are solicitations urging me to buy more storage space on iphone...rather than how to reduce what I ihave!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.