You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When on Zoom--other participants cannot hear me--I can hear everyone else just fine

When on Zoom other participants cannot hear me--I can hear them just fine

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 22, 2020 8:39 AM

6 replies

Jun 22, 2020 9:05 AM in response to shoutout-loud

You need to ensure that you have granted permissions for Zoom to use the iPad microphone:

Settings > Privacy > Microphone > Zoom - set to ON

It follows that you also need to enable the microphone, within the Zoom App, during the conference. Don’t forget that you Zoom settings can be configured to enter a meeting with the microphone muted.

Jun 22, 2020 8:46 AM in response to shoutout-loud

Have you looked in the controls to see if you have muted your microphone? If you have a headset or ear buds plugged in do they have a microphone? If they don’t your ipad may think they do and is expecting you to use the microphone your ear buds may not have.

Sometimes when I’ve had issues with various video conferences I can sometimes fix it by exiting and reentering the conference.

When on Zoom--other participants cannot hear me--I can hear everyone else just fine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.