You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Music Synching

Hi everyone:

It seems I have found out that I can't have iCloud Music Library enabled and also have the capability to put music that is on my computer onto my iPhone 7. Can someone please confirm this? I spoke with a rep from Apple recently, and to fix this problem to be able to sync music from my computer via iTunes, I had to turn off the synching for music library on my phone's settings.

Are there any alternative ways to make this happen though? To keep the music library on and sync music from my computer via iTunes?

Thanks.

-Jordan

iPhone 7

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 2:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2020 3:21 PM

Can someone please confirm this? I spoke with a rep from Apple recently, and to fix this problem to be able to sync music from my computer via iTunes, I had to turn off the synching for music library on my phone's settings.

This is documented.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/itunes/itnsa874d59/12.10/windows/10

The article references Windows, but the same rule applies to macOS. You "should" get a one time prompt to merge your iTunes synced Music with your iCloud Music Library. Apple may have phased that option out.

Logically, the music library you synced using iTunes is the same music library you used to set up your iCloud Music Library, so the same music selection will find its way to your device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 24, 2020 3:21 PM in response to jmitunes

Can someone please confirm this? I spoke with a rep from Apple recently, and to fix this problem to be able to sync music from my computer via iTunes, I had to turn off the synching for music library on my phone's settings.

This is documented.

See >>> https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/itunes/itnsa874d59/12.10/windows/10

The article references Windows, but the same rule applies to macOS. You "should" get a one time prompt to merge your iTunes synced Music with your iCloud Music Library. Apple may have phased that option out.

Logically, the music library you synced using iTunes is the same music library you used to set up your iCloud Music Library, so the same music selection will find its way to your device.

iCloud Music Synching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.