You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Kindle app is not functioning correctly after the latest iOS update

I am using an iPad generation 6, with latest update of OS. The Kindle app is not functioning correctly: if I tap the top of the screen with a book on the screen, the menu is not accessed as it should be, so navigation, opening & closing, and other essential actions are impossible. Any ideas on how to solve? Thank you in advance for your help!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 25, 2020 11:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 6:07 AM

Thank you for your suggestions. My app was partially frozen. All it would do was move pages back and forth when I tapped on the left and the right. While I was awaiting answers, I got brave, and deleted my Kindle app, re-downloaded it from the cloud. When you delete the Kindle, you do not “lose your data”, as the App Store helpfully suggests you may. Amazon keeps all of your Kindle books and documents “in the cloud”, which is why it is possible to sync from one drive to another. (I can read a book on my iPad, and return to the same place on my iPhone or Kindle easily.) So, thank you for the suggestions, what works is to remove and re-install the Kindle app.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 6:07 AM in response to ZintainUSA

Thank you for your suggestions. My app was partially frozen. All it would do was move pages back and forth when I tapped on the left and the right. While I was awaiting answers, I got brave, and deleted my Kindle app, re-downloaded it from the cloud. When you delete the Kindle, you do not “lose your data”, as the App Store helpfully suggests you may. Amazon keeps all of your Kindle books and documents “in the cloud”, which is why it is possible to sync from one drive to another. (I can read a book on my iPad, and return to the same place on my iPhone or Kindle easily.) So, thank you for the suggestions, what works is to remove and re-install the Kindle app.

Jun 26, 2020 12:21 AM in response to piggledy

You don’t need to tap at the top of the screen. I have found that doesn’t always work. What works best is to click somewhere about in the middle of the page. This seems to work for me every time. Just a quick tap in the middle, you don’t want to go too far on the sides as if you do, it will turn the page. Once you click, the menu opens up and you can do what you want with getting back to all your other books and things. If that still doesn’t work for you, I would try what was suggested above and reset the iPad and even force close the Kindle App as that may correct whatever issues you have that would be causing it to not respond correctly.

The Kindle app is not functioning correctly after the latest iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.