You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hey Siri no longer working while music plays during my workouts

Ever since the last update my "Hey siri" no longer responds while my music plays. I have been using this feature for years during my jogs or intense workout to turn volume up/down or skip a song, along with while my hands are dirty and I am doing DIY projects, dishes, etc. I listen to music every day! This is a major inconvenience and what is the point of the Siri feature if it wont respond in a way I use it most?

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 12:55 PM

If you're having issues with Hey Siri, try one or more of the following:

• In Settings, go to Siri & Search and turn Listen for "Hey Siri" OFF. Then, turn it back on and set up "Hey Siri" again.
  • In Settings, go to Accessibility > Siri, turn on Always Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Check that the microphones on your iPhone or headphones are functioning properly.

This article may also be helpful: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 26, 2020 12:55 PM in response to laughinglotus

If you're having issues with Hey Siri, try one or more of the following:

• In Settings, go to Siri & Search and turn Listen for "Hey Siri" OFF. Then, turn it back on and set up "Hey Siri" again.
  • In Settings, go to Accessibility > Siri, turn on Always Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Check that the microphones on your iPhone or headphones are functioning properly.

This article may also be helpful: If Siri or "Hey Siri" isn't working - Apple Support

Hey Siri no longer working while music plays during my workouts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.