You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question About Changing Regions

I'm in Canada but really wanna download Extras (Ricky Gervais), which is only available on itunes for Great Britain.

I'm wondering if I change my itunes region to Great Britain if I'll be able to then download Extras and have it in my library?

If I change regions will it delete stuff my from library that's not available in GB? Or what I change regions back from GB to Canada will it delete Extras?

Is there any other way to get a show that's only available in a certain region?

Thanks!

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 4:33 PM

Do you have a method of payment issued by a UK source, with a UK billing address? Without that, you won’t be able to change region for the App, music or book stores. Even if you have those some material may still be blocked if you’re not accessing the App, music or book stores from a UK IP address.

7 replies

Jun 26, 2020 5:11 PM in response to mkmossop

Information only. A quick summary of what it takes to change regions.

You need a zero account balance and you need to cancel all your subscriptions. If you have cancelled all subscriptions, but some haven’t expired, contact iTunes Support. You need a valid credit card issued by a bank in the country the store is in and you need a billing address in that country. If you have an account balance, either buy something more expensive and pay the balance with a credit card or contact iTunes Support and ask them to zero balance your account.

Question About Changing Regions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.