You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All photos not transferring from icloud

Hi, I recently got a new iPhone 11. I had set up my phone and transferred all pictures/videos from my iCloud backup. It looked as though it was good and didn’t show it was still transferring. I reset my old iPhone 7 there getting was transferred from as I gave it to someone else. Now all of my photos/videos are not on my new phone, however, when I log into my iCloud account through the web, I can see all of them there. Is there a way I can get them back on my new phone?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 7:26 AM

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you have iCloud photos enabled on your previous phone and your photos were sent with your iCloud library, then those photos will not be part of your backup.

In order to sync the photos in your iCloud library to your new phone, you will need to enable iCloud photos on it.

Settings ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos

9 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 27, 2020 7:26 AM in response to natashia161

Welcome to the Apple community.

If you have iCloud photos enabled on your previous phone and your photos were sent with your iCloud library, then those photos will not be part of your backup.

In order to sync the photos in your iCloud library to your new phone, you will need to enable iCloud photos on it.

Settings ➔ Photos ➔ iCloud Photos

Jun 27, 2020 8:05 AM in response to natashia161

Yes, it will still download them except that they will be in an optimised state.

This means that depending on how much space you have available, some of the photos may be compressed. This means that while they are there in your library on your phone, they take up very little space. If you try to view them, the full resolution version will download, so you will see it properly.

All photos not transferring from icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.