You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to unhide iMessage alerts?

I was in my iMessage app looking over my texts, I accidentally pressed the "hide alerts" and ended up deleting the whole conversation. I really need alerts from that particular message sender. How to "unhide alerts"!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 6

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 12:02 PM

Hello there Keijoie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to unhide alerts for a certain sender in your Messages app. We are more than happy to give you some insight on this.

If you deleted that message thread, you would need to wait until the next time you receive a message from that specific sender, you would need to slide to the left on that message thread and press on "show alerts." For how-to steps on this, check out this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Pay close attention to the section titled, "Turn on Hide alerts." You will follow those same instructions to turn off hide alerts.

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 1, 2020 12:02 PM in response to Keijoie

Hello there Keijoie,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to unhide alerts for a certain sender in your Messages app. We are more than happy to give you some insight on this.

If you deleted that message thread, you would need to wait until the next time you receive a message from that specific sender, you would need to slide to the left on that message thread and press on "show alerts." For how-to steps on this, check out this article:

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Pay close attention to the section titled, "Turn on Hide alerts." You will follow those same instructions to turn off hide alerts.

We hope this helps! Have a great day!

How to unhide iMessage alerts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.