You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP running El Capitain refuses to print

Good Afternoon all.

Anyone found a fix for a 2015 model MBP 13" running El Capitan that refuses to consistently print wirelessly and now wired to my Epson Printer. (its my wife's machine) I have reset the preferences and wiped out of to the recognised printers and the **** thing still won't print... Its just a really annoying on-going issue!!! I have a 15" 2011 MBP running sierra (prints fine wirelessly from another room) We have 2 iPhone 6s Plus (that print wirelessly from anywhere in the house) I have a 2009 iMac 24" much upgraded running El Capitan (which prints wirelessly without issue)

PLEASE HELP>>>> its getting really annoying now!!!!

regards Norman

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 11:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 12:07 PM

First, do you have a current or otherwise compatible printer driver installed? If so, try deleting it in Printing & Scanning preferences. Then add a new printer by clicking on the Add [+] button. You should see your printer in the available printers list. Select the printer. Wait to see if AirPrint shows up as the selected device. Now, click the Add button.

Second, if the printer is wired to the computer, then AirPrint will not be an available option.

Third, have you called Epson support or visited their support website for help? You might also check the user documentation for the printer.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 28, 2020 12:07 PM in response to musicmanH

First, do you have a current or otherwise compatible printer driver installed? If so, try deleting it in Printing & Scanning preferences. Then add a new printer by clicking on the Add [+] button. You should see your printer in the available printers list. Select the printer. Wait to see if AirPrint shows up as the selected device. Now, click the Add button.

Second, if the printer is wired to the computer, then AirPrint will not be an available option.

Third, have you called Epson support or visited their support website for help? You might also check the user documentation for the printer.

MBP running El Capitain refuses to print

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.